Practical and effective management techniques for the successful project manager
Taught successfully for over 20 years to thousands of individuals, in hundreds of companies and from a wide range of industries this course will teach you fundamentals of project management. You will be able to use these concepts the very next day on your projects thus giving you the edge over your competition. This workshop is interactive, including small group exercises, large group discussions, and instructor facilitation. You will be able to practice what you learn on a project of your choosing.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from the University of Victoria.
What You Will Learn
As the course title indicates, in this course you will receive an introduction to the concepts and techniques of successful of project management. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a Scope Statement for the project to depict what is in scope and what is not
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to establish effective resource and duration
- Develop duration estimates using various techniques
- Develop a preliminary schedule using Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Establish effective adjustments, including risk responses, to the preliminary schedule
- Accurately update the schedule based on work performance
- Evaluate the schedule and budget variances and how to resolve them
- Project Management Foundation Concepts
- Project Management Process Groups & Knowledge Areas
- Scope Statement
- Stakeholder Assessment & Key Decision Makers
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Estimating Resources, Durations and Costs
- Schedule Sequencing
- Risk Management Planning
- Schedule Development, Trade‐off Analysis and Baseline
- Project Execution
- Monitoring & Controlling Project Work
- Integrated Change Control
- Project Close‐out
This course is ideal for those in any industry or sector who are working on projects. You do not need a university degree to attend. Past participants have included:
- Project coordinators
- New managers and project managers
- Those undertaking unique projects
- Corporate department heads
- Senior executives with business planning responsibilities
- Systems, manufacturing and operations personnel
- Engineering professionals
- Technology managers and research managers
- Event managers
Fees and Cancellations
Course tuition for the Introduction to Project Management course includes:
- course materials and certificate
$1254.75 ($1195 plus G.S.T.)
- Save 10% per registrant with a group registration: 3 or more people from the same organization registering at the same time.
- Space is limited so register today! Please fill out the online registration form and select 10% group discount as the payment option.
*Discounts cannot be combined with any other discount or special offer.
A full refund can be issued for written cancellations received a minimum of 21 days before the program start date. Cancellations received with less than 21 days notice will be refunded less a $200 administration fee.
Doug Boebinger, PMP
Douglas (Doug) Boebinger is an independent project management trainer and consultant. He provides project management consulting, speaking, and training services to corporations, individuals, and organizations in North America and Europe through his company, Integrated Process Developers, Inc.
Doug has Undergraduate and Graduate degrees in Construction Engineering and Management from Purdue University. As a corporate trainer and consultant, Doug specializes in project management consulting and project management training. He is a two time winner of the Masters Certificate in Project Management Award for Training Excellence from the Project Management Centre of Excellence at the Schulich Executive Education Centre.
Project Management & Engineering Credits
Engineering Institute of Canada (EIC) Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
Attendees to this program are entitled to 14 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) verified by the Engineering Institute of Canada (EIC).
Doug Boebinger’s delivery to his audience is professional, enlightening, and engaging. He adds real life stories and humor that is a beneficial addition to the training and the subject matter!!
Doug Boebinger is the most organized and creative Subject Matter Expert with whom I have had the pleasure to work. His depth of knowledge on Project Management is extraordinary. He has a keen sense of ‘what makes sense’ to the learner and readily articulates it with humor and precision.
I learned a lot from your course. Now I apply this project management knowledge to my job. Thank you for your teaching.