The International Summer Institute for Business Management (ISIBM) is an intensive three or four-week program taught by our award-winning professors from the Gustavson School of Business. This program pairs theoretical concepts with experiential learning. Topics covered are Business Communication, Entrepreneurship, Service Management and International Business.
Students will take part in a variety of class discussions and presentations. Students will work in pairs and small groups as well as complete a number of readings, homework assignments and tests.
Study Business Communication and Business Management
Students can earn equivalent credits from their home university.
Meet New Friends, and Network!
Meet students from all over the world in your classes. During the program you will make new friends and network with future business professionals and leaders.
- Open to undergraduate students from any faculty
- Full program contains two modules: Business Communications; and International Business, Entrepreneurship and Service Management
- Taught by award-winning professors at the Gustavson School of Business
- Receive a Certificate of Completion and Grade Letter
- Equivalent to 6.0 North American credit hours of course work (credit revalidation is the responsibility of the student’s home institution)
- Scholarship opportunities available, inquire for details
ISIBM A: July 4 – 25, 2024
- Program Fee: $5,200 + tax (Canadian dollars)
- Deposit with enrolment: $600 + tax (applied to program fee)
- Final Registration Deadline: June 14, 2024
- Canada Day Experience add-on – June 28 – July 3, 2024
- For an additional $550 + GST; ISIBM participants can add four extra days of on-campus accommodation, airport pick-up and meal card to their enrolment and take part in the Canada Day festivities on July 1st.
ISIBM B: August 1 – 19, 2024
- Program Fee: $4,950 + tax (Canadian dollars)
- Deposit with enrolment: $500 + tax (applied to program fee)
- Final Registration Deadline: July 12, 2024
I enjoyed the ISIBM so much...
“I enjoyed the ISIBM so much. Studying at UVic, making international friends and joining exciting activities gave me valuable experiences and memories. I gained a lot from the program.”
“I have created so many long-lasting friendships in and out of the program. The program has helped me to grow and improve in different subject areas and I became more confident concerning my personal talents and skills. University was never as much fun as it was in Victoria and I’ll never forget the wonderful time I had! Hugs from Germany!”
“It has been a challenging experience and an opportunity to develop cross-cultural awareness. Moreover thanks to the class activities I have improved my public speaking skills. In addition ISIBM is a great opportunity to learn something more about Canada and British Columbia in particular thanks to the class and extra activities.”
“It was an enjoyable experience and great working with some smart world class professors. The coordinators were amazing and very well informed about the city. They planned very enjoyable activities throughout the program. In general I would recommend this program to any serious business or management student. Definitely the best summer program on the west coast of Canada.”
“I think going to this program was an amazing experience, it is an all in one program in which you will learn a lot but also get to know the city and make new friends. At the University of Victoria, the people are very nice and kind, our coordinators were excellent at their jobs and I would love to repeat the experience.”
“Like every international student, I was scared and confused about living and studying in an unfamiliar country before I got here, but all considerations were gone after I met our fantastic coordinators, knowledgeable professors, friendly local volunteers and other awesome diverse exchange students! Speaking of our routine, we usually had classes from 8:30 a.m. till 4 p.m. in a well-equipped auditorium with a lunch break in between, and ISIBM scheduled us to explore the beautiful city, like whale watching and hiking, in our spare time. Moreover, the professors at UVic business school lived up to their reputation of leading one of the best business schools in Canada, and all the content they taught that was related to business is still useful for me. I’m so glad I joined the ISIBM program and it definitely changed my career and my whole life.”
“One of the best summers ever! It is amazing how much I gained and how many friends I made there… Miss them all!”
Victoria, BC • City of Gardens
Victoria is the capital city of British Columbia, Canada and is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. This safe and friendly city is the 15th most populous Canadian metro region. Victoria is one of the top tourist destinations in North America because of its beautiful gardens, plethora of indoor and outdoor activities and it’s mild, year-round climate. It is easily accessible by air and sea from Vancouver, Seattle and the rest of the world.
You will discover a rich and well-preserved heritage, a thriving arts and entertainment centre and year- round outdoor recreation. So, whatever your interest – education, career or lifestyle – Victoria offers an abundance of opportunities.
Check out the Tourism Victoria website