ISIBM Program Modules
Equivalent of 39 lecture hours + academic projects
Mr. Brian Leacock, Associate Director of GSB International, International Programs
* Required. Equivalent to 3.0 North American credit-hours.
Business Communications will focus on the development and enhancement of skills in written/oral business communication, non-verbal communication, and cross-cultural communication. Students will learn how to develop efficient use of verbal and non-verbal skills in business situations and be able to use language to convey specific messages to intended audiences.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of effective business communications
- Comprehend and implement cross-cultural communication strategies
- Apply cultural models and frameworks to ensure successful communications in an international business context
- Negotiate effectively in intercultural meetings
- Understand the key aspects of communications in virtual teams
- Develop effective business communications and send through appropriate communication channels within an organization in a global environment
- Understand and use non-verbal communication skills across cultures
- Develop and deliver effective multimedia presentations in global contexts