SGBS Environment & Activities
International learning experience with Canadian hospitality
The Learning Environment
We are dedicated to providing the best possible environment for students to have an exceptional learning experience:
- SGBS lectures are conducted in classrooms located on our campus. These classrooms are the same ones used for our own MBA and Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) programs during the school year.
- The campus attracts students, staff and faculty from all backgrounds and walks of life. Since 1999, we have successfully welcomed students from across the globe, creating a vibrant and welcoming learning environment.
- SGBS provides opportunities for students to fully interact with our dedicated program coordinators, volunteers and international students to create a personal, friendly and engaging learning environment.
- Students experience the personalized attention that our program is well-known for, and our coordinators will ensure they you are fully confident in the program, and know what to expect upon arrival. When the program begins, you can be assured that we will take the very best care of you. Students receive supervision, assistance, advice and friendship from our staff.
Explore the Diverse Culture of Western Canada and Make International Friends
As part of the SGBS program, you will have the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities. Scheduled activities are designed to:
- Introduce students to the culture and natural surroundings of Victoria.
- Provide fun and exciting social venues for participants to meet and make new friends.
Students are responsible for costs associated with any extracurricular activities. Planned activities vary from year to year, but some of the most popular activities scheduled in past programs include:
- Whale watching
- Victoria City tour
- Royal BC Museum
- Vancouver Island Brewery
- Various sports events
- Butchart Gardens
- Fireworks display
- Wine tasting
- Self-planned Vancouver trip