ISIBM Program Highlights
Over 1300 students worldwide selected this program to grow their business knowledge
Join the International Summer Institute for Business Management (ISIBM) program to enhance your business education, improve your English language skills, and prepare for your future business success in an engaging and fun international learning environment.
Since the program was first offered in 1999, students have attended from 27 countries, including England, Germany, Taiwan, Japan, Mexico, Brazil, South Korea, France, Netherlands, India, Austria, Scotland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Tunisia, Indonesia, China, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, Singapore and Australia.
The ISIBM is ideal for undergraduate students from various disciplines who:
- Wish to develop a fundamental understanding of business skills and tools to succeed in today’s global marketplace
- Wish to experience Canadian university level education
- Plan to study abroad in the future and want to sample an international learning environment
- Need to improve their written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills within a business management context
- Wish to gain additional credits to put towards their degree program at home
- Increased understanding of the fundamentals of International Business, Entrepreneurship and Service Management
- Improved business communication skills (oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills)
- Intercultural awareness that prepares you for further studies abroad and international business
- Long-lasting friendships and networks with participants from around the world
- Engaging classroom discussions and debates
- Improved presentations skills and confidence
Key Program Highlights
- Open to all undergraduate and graduate students
- Each program contains two modules: 1) Business Communications and 2) Business Management (which includes: International Business, Entrepreneurship and Service Management)
- Taught by award-winning professors at the Gustavson School of Business
- Receive a Certificate of Completion and Grade Letter
- Equivalent to 6.0 North American credit hours of course work (students are responsible for getting credit revalidation from their home institution)
- Scholarship opportunities available, inquire for details
I enjoyed the ISIBM so much. Studying at UVic, making international friends and joining exciting activities gave me valuable experiences and memories. I gained a lot from the program.
I have created so many long-lasting friendships in and out of the program. The program has helped me to grow and improve in different subject areas and I became more confident concerning my personal talents and skills. University was never as much fun as it was in Victoria and I’ll never forget the wonderful time I had! Hugs from Germany!
It has been a challenging experience and an opportunity to develop cross-cultural awareness. Moreover thanks to the class activities I have improved my public speaking skills. In addition ISIBM is a great opportunity to learn something more about Canada and British Columbia in particular thanks to the class and extra activities.
It was an enjoyable experience and great working with some smart world class professors. The coordinators were amazing and very well informed about the city. They planned very enjoyable activities throughout the program. In general I would recommend this program to any serious business or management student. Definitely the best summer program on the west coast of Canada.
I think going to this program was an amazing experience, it is an all in one program in which you will learn a lot but also get to know the city and make new friends. At the University of Victoria, the people are very nice and kind, our coordinators were excellent at their jobs and I would love to repeat the experience.
Like every international student, I was scared and confused about living and studying in an unfamiliar country before I got here, but all considerations were gone after I met our fantastic coordinators, knowledgeable professors, friendly local volunteers and other awesome diverse exchange students! Speaking of our routine, we usually had classes from 8:30 a.m. till 4 p.m. in a well-equipped auditorium with a lunch break in between, and ISIBM scheduled us to explore the beautiful city, like whale watching and hiking, in our spare time. Moreover, the professors at UVic business school lived up to their reputation of leading one of the best business schools in Canada, and all the content they taught that was related to business is still useful for me. I’m so glad I joined the ISIBM program and it definitely changed my career and my whole life.
One of the best summers ever! It is amazing how much I gained and how many friends I made there… Miss them all!