ISIBM Environment & Activities
International learning experience with Canadian hospitality
The Learning Environment
We are dedicated to providing the best possible environment for young people to have an exceptional learning experience:
- ISIBM lectures are conducted in the modern classrooms located in our David Strong building – next door to the professors’ offices. These classrooms are the same ones used for our own MBA and Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) programs during the school year.
- The campus attracts students, staff and faculty from all backgrounds and walks of life. Since 1999, we have successfully welcomed students from around the world, creating a vibrant and welcoming learning environment.
- ISIBM provides opportunities for students to fully interact with our dedicated program coordinators, the Canadian volunteers and the other international students to create a personal, friendly and engaging learning environment.
- Students experience the personalized attention that our program is well-known for, and our coordinators will ensure they you are fully confident in the program, and know what to expect upon arrival. When the program begins, you can be assured that we will take the very best care of you. Students receive supervision, assistance, advice and friendship from our staff – all of whom have experienced international education themselves.
Explore the Diverse Culture of Western Canada and Make International Friends
As part of the ISIBM program, you will have the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities. Scheduled activities are designed to:
- introduce students to the culture and natural surroundings of Victoria
- provide fun and exciting social venues for participants to meet and make new friends
Costs for the activity program are included in your tuition fees; however, students are responsible for any costs associated with any weekend excursions outside of the program. The activity program varies from year to year, but some of the most popular activities scheduled in past programs include:
- Whale watching
- Victoria City tour
- Various sports events
- Mt Douglas Hike
- Sidney Night Market
- Butchart Gardens
- Fireworks display
Optional weekend activities may include:
- Rooftop beach volleyball
- Self-planned trip to Vancouver
- Soccer game
The Residence and Meals
During the program students will stay in campus residences – the Commonwealth Village clusters. Students have a private bedroom and share a kitchen, living room, dining room and washrooms with 3 other students.
- This is a great opportunity for ISIBM students to meet other UVic locals and international students. The campus is a 10 minute walk from the beach, local supermarkets and entertainment venues. Libraries, galleries, bus exchange, movie theatre and athletics and recreation centers with swimming pools are located on campus.
- UVic has always provided the best campus experience for all students – cafeterias, restaurants, medical and dental clinics, pharmacy, hair salon, travel agency, printing and photocopy services as well as free wireless internet are around campus.
- Students will have a meal card to use around campus in restaurants, cafes and student cafeterias.